Thursday, July 15, 2010

day 1

Don't judge me.

That said, today is break day on p90x (day 7 each week is either rest or stretch). Which is good because I have to go out for margaritas tonight. Also I am probably going to eat a veggie burrito. Not healthy living. Boo.

Anyway, tomorrow starts the recovery week on p90x which involves no lifting and mostly just light cardio, yoga and kenpo. I'm totally ready for this week. I also think that I am starting to see some real definition in my biceps, which is majorly exciting.

Oh. And I need to write about something I learned yesterday. I learned that when you heat fats up to a certain temperature they become rancid and when these fats are eaten they turn into cellulite. Gross. From now on if I need to heat oil or whatever to cook I have to use coconut oil which can apparently stand temperatures up to around 200 degrees. This also means that I need to cut out all kinds of chips, fries, onion rings and anything deep fried and delicious. That seems a little unreasonable, so maybe I'll just cut back on these things for now. Especially because I am going to need tortilla chips and guac with my margs tonight. Like I said, don't judge me.

Foods:
-1 Fisher's smiley cookie (I had to, I mean I can't let such an awesome gift go to waste!)
-1/2 of a vegan taco salad plate from Soul Kitchen
-a handful of sprouted nuts and seeds
-some carrots
-juice of a carrot, lime, peach, 2 stalks of celery, 1/2 cucumber and some spinach, kale and cilantro
---I guess I'm going to have to edit this later to account for whatever crap I eat while out tonight---




2 comments:

  1. i'm proud of you! that is real sick about the rancid fats and cellulite. ugh...cellulite. biceps? hot. keep up the good work!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know it is! I never even think about how many things are cooked in oil, so it's a real wake-up call!

    ReplyDelete